For businesses looking to grow their online sales, excellent online findability is essential. Website SEO must be fully optimized for high search engine rankings. One of the tools Tasmanic uses for this purpose is Ahrefs, an online marketing tool for analyzing content, rankings and backlinks, among other things.
What is Ahrefs and how does it work?
Ahrefs is a comprehensive online marketing tool that analyzes the content, link building (backlinks) and rankings of websites. Ahrefs provides comprehensive information on link values, domain values and search term patterns. Based on analyses, Ahrefs advises on key keywords, backlinks, content, technology and behavior. Implementing that advice leads to more visitors and ultimately additional sales.
Software company Ahrefs was founded by CEO Dmitry Gerasimenko. He built his first document search engine when he was 15, and in 2007 he started working with file search engines again. In 2010, he laid the groundwork for Ahrefs, which quickly grew into one of the best backlink analysis tools in the world. Ahrefs had revenues of 100 million euros in 2021.
Functionalities of Ahrefs
- Dashboard. Clear dashboard that tracks SEO performance for each website, including domain authority, number of backlinks, organic traffic and organic keywords.
- Analyze competition. Maps the organic search traffic and backlink profile of each website.
- Keyword research. Finding promising search terms in a comprehensive database.
- Analyze content. Discover content ideas and visualize opportunities for strong backlinks.
- Tracking ranking. Monitoring progress of SEO positions on desktop and mobile devices.
- Audit Tool. Analysis tool that identifies and resolves SEO bottlenecks.
Ahrefs backlink checker: better than the competition
What sets Ahrefs apart from the competition is its large backlink database. Ahrefs displays which Web sites are linking to your site or competitors' sites. The tool also reveals the quality of those backlinks. Using this information, you can improve the backlinks to your site.
The importance of good backlinks
Links from other websites are an essential part of SEO because search engines see them as references. Ahrefs makes it easy to analyze the backlinks to your website because the Ahrefs backlink checker indexes a large number of links at lightning speed. Ahrefs is updated every 15 to 30 minutes, so the information is always current.
Ahrefs in figures
- Ahrefs crawls the entire Internet 24/7.
- The crawler processes over seven billion pages a day (only Google crawls more).
- Every 24 hours, Ahrefs discovers 30 million new pages.
- The tool has a keyword index of 12 billion keywords.
- Ahrefs has the largest index of live backlinks in the world.
Who is Ahrefs intended for?
Ahrefs offers very comprehensive information for specialized marketers, online marketing agencies and medium to large companies.
- Ahrefs has the largest database of all available SEO tools.
- Ahrefs has a number of unique features.
- Ahrefs' data is accurate and complete.
- The tool is updated every 15 to 30 minutes.
- Ahrefs is relatively expensive.
- Its technical analysis is weaker than its competitors.
Ahrefs offers several packages ranging from Light to Agency. Rates start at $99 per month and can go up to $999 per month. The cost depends on the number of users, number of crawl credits per month, data retention and number of search terms per month. The various rates and options can be found on Ahrefs' website.
There are several other online marketing software packages available that can serve as alternatives to Ahrefs. Examples include the tools Semrush and Moz. Tasmanic would be happy to review which tool best suits your business.
Ahrefs trial - try for free
Want to see what Ahrefs has to offer? You can try the tool through an Ahrefs trial. A seven-day trial costs $7. You can start your Ahrefs trial through this link.
Free SEO tools Ahrefs
In addition to the paid packages, Ahrefs also offers some free SEO tools, such as the Ahrefs broken link checker. With this you can quickly find the broken inbound and outbound links on your website. Ahrefs' website authority checker allows you to query the domain authority of websites.